Roughly 68 million North American women currently grapple with the challenges of midlife, faced with a culture that tells them their “best-before date” has long passed. In her brand-new book, Navigating the Messy Middle: a Fiercely Honest and Wildly Encouraging Guide for Midlife Women, Ann Douglas pushes back against this toxic narrative, providing a fierce and unapologetic path forward for midlife women.
In this thought-provoking presentation, Ann Douglas will share some of the highlights of her research, including what she learned from her intimate conversations with the more than 100 midlife women who agreed to be interviewed for the book.
· The seven biggest myths and misconceptions about midlife debunked
· Midlife reimagined: telling ourselves new and better stories about midlife
· What actually allows women to thrive at midlife (practical, evidence-based strategies)
· How to find purpose and meaning in a life stage that can otherwise feel out of control
· Reconnecting with your hopes and dreams for yourself, your family, and your community
For decades, Ann Douglas was Canada’s go-to expert on all things parenting. Now that her kids have grown up and left home, she’s turning her attention to the glorious messiness that is midlife. The author of twenty-five non-fiction books, including many bestselling titles in the parenting category, Ann is also a passionate and inspiring speaker who delivers keynote addresses and leads small-group workshops at conferences and online events. If you've already met Ann via one her books, you know what you can expect from one of her presentations: to be inspired, informed, and entertained.
Registrants will receive an e-mail 24 hours before the start of the program with an invitation to join.