Learn about how you can get involved in your community and support your library.
Attend a virtual Info Session and learn more about becoming a Waterloo Public Library board member. There will be a short presentation and a Q&A session with current board members and Waterloo Public Library administration.
The City of Waterloo is currently recruiting board members for a four-year term ending in November 2026. Library Board members work closely with Waterloo Public Library administration and staff to shape a future-forward, inclusive library system. We strive to have a Library Board that is representative of our community and encourage eligible citizens of Waterloo to apply.
To be on a public library board in Ontario and in accordance with the Public Libraries Act, R.S.O. 1990 Section 10 Board Member and Section 13 Disqualification of Board Members you need to be:
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Residents of the City of Waterloo
- At least 18 years of age
- Not be employed by the Waterloo Public Library (WPL) or City of Waterloo
- Not convicted of an indictable offence
- The average board member is committed to 4 - 6 hours per month to attend meetings and events. This includes 10 board meetings per year plus committee involvement.
Registrants will receive an e-mail 24 hours before the start of the program with an invitation to join.